These little pizza bites are great things to make when you have left over quinoa already cooked up. They make unique appetizers—perfect party food! Quinoa is a complete protein making it an excellent addition to any meal, and it is also an excellent source of magnesium!
Makes ~36-40 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs dried basil (or ½ cup fresh basil, chopped…if it’s in season)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- Tomato sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
4. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
If they are still crumbly when you try to take them out of the pan put them back in the oven a little longer because they will hold together better.